Kale Salad with Butternut Squash & Cranberries
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, sliced into bite size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add squash and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cook for several minutes, turning gently with a spatula, until golden brown and tender. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add kale and cook, tossing frequently, until slightly wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cranberries and cook for another minute. Remove from heat.
- Mix in a salad bowl, squash, kale and cranberries and gently toss together.
- Add toasted walnuts/almonds and feta cheese (optional)